Thursday, 28 January 2016

Nars Audacious Lipsticks - Review & Swatches !

Asalam-o-Alaikum Everyone !


Okay, so before I start my post today, I'd like to give a little disclaimer =D. I'd be raving throughout this post cause these are the BEST lipsticks I've ever used !!! I know that's saying alot for a lipstick but trust me I've tried too many, and I've other favourites too but these are my TOP FAVOURITE and I'm being totally honest !!

What NARS has to say about it: 

Dramatic depth, unstoppable character. Modern lipstick so shamelessly seductive in touch and texture the sensation is audacious. Unadulterated luxury glides on like satin across skin with single-stroke coverage. A spectrum of 40 shades for unstoppable impact. 

My Review: 

Packaging: 


The lipsticks comes enclosed in a matte black metal bullet with magnetic closure. The bullet looks and feels sooo lavish <3 !! And the magnetic closure on it is somewhat so satisfying, you can throw it in your bag without fearing about the cap coming off and smearing the lipstick all inside the bag =D !
I'll rate the packaging 9.5/10. Minus 0.5 just because you can not tell what shade the lipstick is by looking at the packging, the sticker at the bottom is black too. 

Shades:

As mentioned above NARS has 40 shades in this range, out of which I've gotten only 6 ( I plan on getting more soon ;) ). 


  • JANE - Terracota rose. A muted orangy-brown with warm undertones. It is rightly described as a terracotta shade. 
  • DOMINIQUE - Pink lilac. It's a muted lilac with a subtle hint of pink and greyish undetones. It's the most unique shade in my collection and I absolutely adore it.
  • MICHIYO - Vivid pink. It's a hot HOT pink, as hot as it gets ! with cool undertones.
  • ANGELA - Pink orchid. It's a muted fuchsia pink with purple undertones. In short it's a pink orchid shade. 
  • JANET - Deep magenta. It's a magenta pink with blue & purple iridescence to it, which makes it so unique and special. It has that duo chrome shift on the lips and catches the light beautifully. If I could keep only one lipstick for the rest of my life Janet would be it ! 
  • CHARLOTTE - Oxblood burgundy. It's a stunning shade of deep dark vampy red with blue undertones. Love ittt !!! 
There's a shade for everyone in this line, from neutrals to pinks to corals and from reds to plums to deep dark vampy shades, one can surely find their favourite.
I'll rate the shade range 10/10.

Texture, Pigmentation & Staying Power: 


The texture and pigmentation on these lipsticks is phenomenal, it's like they've put little drops of heaven in these <3 !!! They glide on lips super smooth and one swipe across the lips is all you need to get super opaque coverage. They feel so creamy and luxurious on the lips, doesn't accentuate the dryness or fine lines and my lips actually feel nourished after I've taken it off. They're super creamy but the finish is semi-matte, they've a very pretty sheen to them which give your lips a fuller, healthier look but still they're more matte compared to other creme finish or glossy lipsticks. 
The longevity on them is absolutely fantastic. They lasted on me for good 8-9 hours (no kidding) with very little fading due to eating and drinking =D. 
I'll rate the texture, pigmentation & staying power 10/10.

You'll Like It: 

  • If you're into luxurious lipsticks. 
  • Long-lasting. 
  • One swipe across the lips and you get super opaque coverage. 
  • Not drying. 
  • Creamy but has semi-matte finish. 
  • Does not flake-off during the day. 

You'll Not Like It: 

  • There's absolutely nothing that I don't like about this line except that the price might be a little steep for a lipstick but then again it's totally worth it! 
Nars Audacious Lipsticks are available at Sephora for $32. 10 out of 40 shades are only available at Barney's and Nars' Website. 
You can order these online in Pakistan through any facebook page. I got mine through Indelath & Mac Addict.

Hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it =D ! 
Much Love xx 

14 comments:

  1. Aaaaahhh! I love these lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to splurge on these so bad. All the shades look nice, loving janet the most. :) x

    Momina Haseeb @ ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shades look lovely, I especially love dominque and charlotte, beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dominique is such a unique shade.
      Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOD i love these, I have Annabella and Grace and good lord are these lipsticks worth the price. I want more of these but I think I will be broke for a really long time HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha =D Wait till the semi annual sales maybe so you can save a few bucks ;) ! And Annabella is on my wishlist it's such a stunning red <3 !

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shades! These look so smooth on your lips <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally agree spending on these lipsticks are really worthy ...loved your swatches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too pricey, but nice that you like it. I dont like the packaging at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these look so worth the money. Loving Michiya, Janet and Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok to be honest, all of those shades look great on you :p hehe...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete