Sunday, 8 February 2015

2014 Favourites: Makeup !


Asalam-o-Alaikum Everyone !
Finally I'm going to share the last part of my 2014 favourites today =D !


Face: 

Complexion: 

Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel: It reduces the appearance of pores, keeps your skin matte and creates such a smooth base for foundation. It is said to be a dupe for the much raved Smashbox primer (^_^).

Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: My holy grail powder foundation and my absolute favourite for summers ! Matte finish, medium coverage and keeps the oiliness at bay for the longest. 

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation: My HG foundation during winters. It's a medium coverage foundation but buildable and gives a dewy finish. It blends beautifully.

ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set: It made my makeup last ALL DAY LONG ! Need I say more ? =D 

Bonzer & Highlighter:

MUA Bronzed Perfection Bronzer: I don't contour my face but I like to add a bit of warmth and color to my foundation and this bronzer is perfect for that purpose because it's matte and doesn't have that orangey tone to it.

TheBalm Mary-lou Manizer: I have been using this highlighter religiously throughout 2014 ! I just love it so much. Read full review here

Blushes:

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette: The blushes in this palette are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS ! So pigmented and soft and gives a beautiful flush to the cheeks <3. 

Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette: Tarte limited edition palettes are always to die for ! The blushes are highly pigmented and the colors turns out so natural on the cheeks. 

Nars Limited Edition Powder Blush Almeria: I guess I don't really need to say anything about THE Nars blushes, everyone loves them =D ! This particular blush gives that just bitten look to the cheeks. I really enjoyed wearing this throughout fall-winter.

Eyes:

Eyeshadows:

Urban Decay Naked Palette: I have been using this to create eye looks for special occasions. It's a warm toned palette which compliments my skintone and eye color. The shadows are buttery soft, easily blendable and very pigmented (^_^) ! 

Nyx Jumbo Pencils: I love using these when I am going for a minimal eye look, when I just want a wash of color over my lids or as a base for eyeshadows. The two that i really like are Yogurt & Iced Mocha.

Concealers:

Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer: I have tried so many concealers but I keep coming back to this. I have emptied so many tubes of this =D. It's creamy, doesn't crease and gives that illuminated look to the undereye area. 

Nyx Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in Orange: I use this underneath my regular concealer when my eyes look very tired or when I have dark circles. An excellent alternative for the high-end orange correctors. 

Eyeliners & Kohls: 

Essence Long Lasting Eyeliner Pencils: Inexpensive, highly pigmented , goes on smooth on the lids and smudge proof. I like Tu Tu Turquoise and Hot Chocolate the most. Read full review here

DMGM Crayon Kohl Pencil: It's intense matte black, totally smudge proof and stays on my waterline all day long !

Essence 2in1 Kajal Pencils: I only have one of these pencils. It has peacock green on one side and mint green on the other. I love the mint green one, it's such a summery shade !

Blue Heaven Kajal: It's creamy and blendable. I like to use it as a base for smokey eyes.

Mac Fluidline in Black Track: It goes on smooth and super black on the lid. It won't go anywhere until and unless you take it off with a makeup remover.

Mascara:

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara: It gives just the right volume to my lashes, nothing over the top, which is why I like to use it on everyday basis.

Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara: This one is an all rounder ! When I want to add volume and length and when I want my lashes to be curled, I use this one. It has to be my favourite mascara EVER !

Lips:



Vasline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips: Locks in the moisture and heals chapped and sore lips like a dream.

Mac Lipsticks: Who doesn't love mac lipsticks =D ? A few that I've really loved during 2014 would be; Ruby Woo a cult-classic red shade makes you feel so elegant and feminine (actually makes me feel like a princess =D ). Candy Yum Yum a neon, in your face pink ! Very summery and very pretty. One of my favourite pink lipstick. Shy Girl a straight up nude lipstick. I like it on it's own with dark smokey eyes and also love it for mixing with other bright shades to tone them down a bit. Rebel another cult favourite ! You can wear it all year round, sheer during spring-summers for that plummy pinky just bitten lips and full on during fall-winters for that vampy look.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry: The best ever matte formula for lipsticks ! It's so soft and goes on the lips so smooth not like those typical matte lipsticks that tug and pull on your lips. Application is not patchy at all one swipe is all you need and it's moisturizing yet matte ( I don't know if that even makes any sense (>_<) ). Sultry is a browny-pink shade with hints of mauve in it. It's very vintage and I've abused it throughout 2014, I am almost out of it and I need a new one soon =D.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Adore: A reddish-brown shade with hints of gold in it. It's a very unique shade and I always get compliments when I wear it (^_^). I guess I'd be wearing this alot in 2015 too, because obviously marsala is the color for 2015 and this is very marsala like =D ! Read full review here

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy: My most loved nude lipstick. It's nude but just has the right amount of color to it which doesn't wash me out and I can wear it on it's own even if I am wearing no eye makeup. 

Nyx Matte Lipstick in Sweet Pink: An everyday pink lipstick for me ! I adore it to bits. Read full review here.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colors: Well 2014 has been about bright lips for me ! I cherish orange lipsticks and out of all orange lipsticks I love Purty Presimmon the most ! It looks very girly and chic. Cherry Bomb, oh well, I don't have any words to describe this one except that it makes me feel bold and confident. 

Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Wonderland: It's a hybrid between a lipstick and lipgloss. It gives that gel like finish to the lips which is absolutely stunning and the pigmentation on this one is great too ! Wonderland is a hot pink which leans a bit corally on my lips. 

Nyx Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler: A peachy-coral shade which looks amazing against my skintone ! When it comes to peachy-corals I have to be very careful cause generally they don't suit me but this one is oh so prettyyyy !!! This one also has that gel consistency and is not sticky at all. 

TheBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen: A berry-pink lip & cheek stain. It comes in handy when I just want a wash of color on my lips and nothing too overboard. 

Hourglass Opaque Rouge Lipstick in Icon: This one is like a dream come true ! The formula, the color, the staying power everything is so soooo DIVINE & BEAUTIFULLL !!! It's like a deeper version of Ruby Woo. It has that velvet like finish to it that is absolutely gorgeous and an absolute head-turning shade it is ! 

Nails: 


I don't wear nail polishes much mainly because I have to say my prayers and secondly because I am a nail biter =P . Once in a while I wear nail paint on my toes and during 2014 I enjoyed wearing the following: 
Flormar Pretty Nail Enamel in P13: A really pretty nude-beige shade.

Essence Color & Go Nail Polish in English Rose: A very elegant rosy-pink shade.

Zoya Nail Polish in Asia: Classic red, gives that gel nail kind of a look. Love it !

Medora Nail Polish in 310: The best dull gold nail polish EVER !!

Makeup Tools:


Beauty Blender: Hands down the best thing for foundation application ! Effortless and flawless foundation blending. 

Real Techniques Blush Brush: An excellent brush for blush and bronzer application.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush: This one comes with their core collection it buffs in the powder foundation like a dream ! 

Real Techniques Contour Brush: This one also comes with the core collection. It's outstanding for highlighter application. Absolutely an HG for me ! 

Real Techniques Detailer Brush: I like to use it to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and as lip brush. 

ELF Essential Blending Eye Brush: It's great for defining and smoking out the outer V of the eye. 

Luscious Cosmetics Blending Eye Brush: It's good for blending out the shadows and also for warming up the crease area. It came with the 7 piece brush set which I guess luscious has dicontinued now. 

Well this is it for my 2014 favourites. I hope you enjoyed reading about them (^_^) . Share your favourites in the comments below =). 

Thank you ! 
Much Love xx 

14 comments:

  1. I love Nyx butter gloss! I have cherry pie and I want peach cobbler next! :-D Great post, keep up the great work! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eyes on cherry pie =D !
      Thank you so much =) xx

      Delete
    2. I have my eyes on cherry pie =D !
      Thank you so much =) xx

      Delete
  2. OMG What a details post, and you have a lovely collection <3

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post! We have so many favourites in common! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picks :) Great choice :) And that revlon balm stick is one of my fav product :) u should try it in shade unappologetic.You will surely love it :)
    annmakeupblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love unapologetic too (^_^) !!
      Thank you =) xx

      Delete
  5. Wow you have quite soo much in one post. Great picks! And btw yes I don't own a MAC lipstick yet. :D

    Momina Haseeb | ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha =D once you do you'll be addicted to mac lippies :P !!
      Thank you =) xx

      Delete
  6. great picks :) Long time :) Sorry I was so busy ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =) Hope to see you around more now xx.

      Delete