Saturday, 10 January 2015

Well Beeing - Introduction, Review and Swatches !

Asalam-o-Alaikum Everyone !
I am here today with a review of a recently launched brand in Pakistan "Well Beeing".


Introduction: 

Well Beeing is a Montreal born brand which deals in completely organic and handcrafted bath, body and beauty products.
I had the oppotunity to attend the bloggers meet-up in Lahore that was organized by Well Beeing. Where the man behind the brand Mr. Abdul introduced us to their brand, products and alot of knowledge about organic skincare, which I would like to share with my readers.
Majority of the products we use on our skin or body find their way into our body, so the ingredients of the products we use are of high importance. The synthetic toxic ingredients can affect our health immediately or gradually in so many ways for example causing allergies, hormonal problems and the worst cancer. On the other hand natural pure ingredients are much gentler on skin and have very less to zero harmful effects on our health. 
Well Beeing products are 100% natural, eco-friendly and biodegradable. Oh and they're made locally =D ! 
One more thing their products are unisex which means both women and men can use them. Skincare is as important for men as it is for women. Although men's skin generally tends to be less sensitive than women still it has the same basic needs like cleansing and moisturizing to keep it healthy.
Pictures from the meet-up Top: Mr. Abdul briefing us bloggers, Right: Testing & swatching the products, Bottom: Food =D. 

Products: 

Now on to the product range they're offering:
  • Soap free facial cleansers according to the skin types 
  • Facial spritzers 
  • Vegan makeup 
  • Lip balms 
  • Lip scrubs 
  • Massage melt bars 
  • Migraine relief balm 
  • Bath Soaks 
After the meet-up we brought home some goodies which I have tried and tested over this time. So, lets move on to the reviews. 

Bee-Awake Facial Cleanser: 


This cleanser includes Kaolin Clay, Oatmeal, Olive Oil and Coffee ! yes you heard me right, it contains coffee hence the name bee-awake =D ! Kaolin clay is known to purify, nourish, soothe and heal various skin types and is mostly used as a facial mask. Oatmeal helps to gently exfoliate the dead skin away. Olive oil provides the right amount of moisture needed after the gentle exfoliation and the caffeine in it helps fight the free radicals which are one of the main reason for pre-mature ageing, it helps reduce cellulite, appearance of dark circles and puffiness. Tightens the skin and also help in repairing the damage caused by the exposure to sun, making your skin look more awake, younger and healthier. 
Well I have to say it is one of my favourite product from well beeing, it is meant for normal to dry skin types. My skin type is combination-oily which tends to get on the drier side during winters, which is why I am really enjoying this product now-a-days. It doesn't rip off the moisture from my skin it leaves my skin soft smooth and well moisturized, I don't feel the need of applying any moisturizer afterwards. I also feel that my skin appears more awake and bright after using this cleanser. One thing as it doesn't contain any preservatives it should be consumed with in 2 to 3 months and contact with water should be avoided otherwise the cleanser will get moldy. 
I'd rate this product 7/10

Bee-Sweet / Bee-Sugar Lip Scrub: 


It contains Aniseed Oil, Essential Oils and Sugar. It's a new lip scrub formula that they just came up with and are still deciding on whether to name it bee-sweet or bee-sugar. How about you guys vote on what the name should be =D ? The sugar in the scrub exfoliate the lips, gets rid of all the dead and flaky skin on lips and the aniseed oil and essential oils keep the lips moisturized and supple. you take tiny winy amount on your finger tip and scrub it all over your lips and it's edible so you don't even need to wash it. It tastes real good =D !!
It's another favourite of mine from well beeing, does it's work right and it also helped reduce the pigmentation of my lips.
I'd rate this product 8/10

Bee-Licious Lip Balm: 


It is described by well beeing as a creamy, rich and plumping lip balm. it is extremely moisturizing and lips softening. It contains Essential Oils of Lemon and Basil gives a very perky, refreshing and invigorating aroma. 
Well, I am not very impressed with this product. It is highly moisturising but it's so thick and hard that it's hard to get it on your finger to apply on your lips. You literally have to scrape it off warm it by rubbing between your fingers and then apply on your lips. This whole process puts me off. But once it's on your lips it does it's job highly moisturising ! I like to use it as a night treatment for my lips.
I'd rate this product 5/10 

Vegan Make-up, Shade 212: 


It's 100% organic and is a multipurpose thing ! You can use it as an eyeshadow, illuminator/highlighter or a lipgloss. Sounds great, no =D ? I was very excited to try out this product. It's BEAUTIFUL. But has the same texture as the lip balm =(. Very hard to apply but it gives such a nice sheen to your cheeks. 

I'd rate this product 4/10 

Bee-Refreshed Aromatherapy, Bath Soak, Steamer & Sniffer: 


If you have flu or a stuffy nose, THIS is going to be your best friend ! During winters I often suffer nasal congestion, and this baby helped me through it, I have used it as a steamer and a sniffer and I cannot rave about it much. =D. It's a blend of Patchouli and Lavender Essential Oils, it smells like Lavender and I love Lavenders (^_^) . 
I haven't used it as a bath soak and so I cannot comment on that.
I'd rate this product 9/10  

Lavender Water: 


This lavender water is made from Bulgarian Lavenders. Lavenders have antiseptic and anti-fungal properties which helps to reduce scarring and speed up the healing process, which is why I use it as a facial spritzer and toner. You can also mix it with your well beeing cleanser instead of water or use it in DIY facial masks =D ! All in all it's a good product.
I'd rate this product 7/10 

I am eyeing their Bee-Healed Headache and Migraine Relief Balm next =D.
I am really glad that organic skincare and make-up is gaining popularity in Pakistan and I wish Well Beeing all the success in this market. 

You can visit their page for price queries and more information Well Beeing
Thank you so much for taking out time to read my post =).
Much Love xx 


Disclaimer: These products were given to me for review purposes, but that doesn't affect my opinions. My opinions are based solely on my personal experience. 

29 comments:

  1. Oh my! the packaging is so freaking cute!
    lovely post hunn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been reading a lot of reviews about this brand and its products. I hope i get to try some soon. Thankx for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give their products a try they're great !
      And you're welcome =) xx

      Delete
  3. Iam eyeing that lip scrub now.haha.It seems good for the price and i love your detailed post :)
    annmakeupblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it =D !!
      Thank you so much hun =) xx

      Delete
  4. Seems like it was a fun event.. I really like that multipurpose shade 212...Would look great as a highlighter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was a fun event and very informative aswell and yes that multipurpose shade looks gorg as a highlighter and eyeshadow =D !

      Delete
  5. wow the products look delicious and i would love to try them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So many delicious products in one place. Lovely review Bakhtawar, I too am eyeing Migraine relief balm and the refreshing aromatherapy looks very helpful too! :)xx
    ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The migraine relief balm is one of their bestsellers always out of stock =D !
      Thank you so much dear =) xx

      Delete
  7. A really lovely post! I have my eyes on that multi purpose makeup and bee-awake cleanser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I love their products

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved meeting all of you. Bee Awake is my favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure meeting you too Hira =) xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely products.. I wish they make them available in local stores too

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post need to try some stuff from them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This brand really intrigues me! I love your reviews and I love you extra for individual ratings! ;) Such a shame that the lip balm texture is tough to work with! However, I would buy that aromatherapy bath soak just for the bottle itself! ;) :P xx

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post! x
    I wanna get my hands on the lip scrub! It looks so delicious *-* <3

    ImpatientPerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Niceee blog! Amazing review :) Do visit my blog :) xx

    http://glamourstreetblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What is the price of each product?

    ReplyDelete