Thursday, 29 January 2015

2014 Favourites: Books, Candles & Accessories !


Asalam-o-Alaikum Everyone !
I am here today with the part 2 of my 2014 favourites Books, Candles & Accessories (^_^).

Books & Candles: 

Books:

One Day by David Nicholls: It's difficult to describe this book in short ! It's about friendship, love, relations and everything ! This book gives a flash of what's going on at the particular time, You can feel all the emotions potrayed in the book. It simply touches your heart. My fav quote from the book: 
                                   
                                         "Whatever happens tommorrow, we've had today."

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini: The novel is centered on two Afghani women born 20 years apart but their lives are interwined through the events of the novel. I don't want to spoil the plot by giving too many details. This novel is sad, frightening, infuriating, deep, rich and beautiful <3. There are so many quotes from the book that are very close to my heart but I'll only share three here:
                  "Behind every trial and sorrow that He makes us shoulder, God has a reason." 

                        "A society has no chance of success if its women are uneducated."

  "You see, somethings I can teach you. Some you learn from books. But there are things that, well,                                                                  you have to see and feel."

The Ideal Muslimah by Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi: I'll just say that every muslim girl/women should own this =). Again I've alot to qoute but I'll just share a few: 
                 "The aqeedah (faith) of the true muslim woman is pure and clear, uncontaminated
                                     by any stain of ignorance, illusion or superstition."

               "The muslim woman is responsible just as a man is, so she is also required to seek
                    knowledge, whether it is religious or secular that will be of benefit to her."

   "The muslim woman whose heart has been illuminated with the light of the Quranic guidance is
      always receptive and responsive to this divine instruction, which she reads in the ayat (verses)
      that enjoin good treatment of parents. So her kindness and respect towards them will increase
        and she will be even more devoted to serving them. She will do her utmost to serve them,
              even if she has a husband, house, children and other responsibilities of her own."

    "A righteous woman is the greatest blessing that Allah can give to a man, for with her he can
         find comfort and rest after the exhausting struggle of earning a living. With his wife, he
                                      can find incomparable tranquillity and pleasure."

Candles:

Bath and Body Works 3 Wick Candle in Gelato: It smells like strawberries, raspberries, sugar and cream mixed together =D ! This was my fav during the summers I feel like eating it up, smells so YUM ! It was from their Italian collection and was a limited edition so I have used it sparingly =P . 

Bath and Body Works 3 Wick Candle in Marshmallow Fireside: This is my favourite candle EVER for winters. It smells as if you're toasting marshmallows so delicious ! On a cold winter night you just need a good book, a snuggly quilt and this candle burning by your side to make you warm <3.

Accessories:


Earrings: 2014 was all about traditional jewellery for me, I've really been enjoying wearing these jhumkies. They make you look chic yet traditional.

Rings: Traditional stone rings again ! =D They look very vintage. 


Necklace: Statement necklaces were the in thing during 2014 =D. This gold one with peachy pink stones was my favourite. It's simple and elegant. Another one that I liked flaunting was this long chain necklace by Mango. Very funky (^_^). 

Bracelet and Bangle: The bracelet in the picture is very dear to me and very close to my heart, as it was a gift from my fiance and he made it himself  =) So obviously it has to be my favourite one EVER <3. 
The bangle was bought from murree it has small pieces of stones engraved in it again very vintage like. 


Watch: I have been flaunting this Fossil Stella Rose Gold Watch throughout 2014. It's very modish and graceful (^_^). 

That's all for now. Thank you for taking out time to read my post =) 
Much Love xx 

30 comments:

  1. Aham Aham, loving your jewls, and watch,

    Books are like shadows so... simply feeling great to read anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such cute picks...regarding the books,i have only read a thousand splendid suns among ur faves, and man it was succha haunting and engaging book it made me cry maany times while i was reading it...i also immensely enjoyes reading "and the mountains echoed" by husseini. .. do share ur views if u get to read that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got a chance to read that =D. Will get a copy soon =) !
      Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Love your picks :) Added these novels names to my reading list and i love these bath and body works candles :) They are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are amazing =) thank you xx

      Delete
  4. That jewellery especially the ear rings are pretty!!! I have also read A Thousand Splendid Suns.. Made me smile, laugh and cry too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ideal Muslimah sounds like a good book to read! Nishaat Linen has some gorgeous statement necklaces, you should check those out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I shall visit them soon =) Thank you xx

      Delete
  6. hey I love the watch and the jhumkas in your favorites. great post Bakhtawar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the B&B candles. They smell so amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you love their candles too. I've managed to build up a collection (>_<) !!
      Much love xx

      Delete
  8. I always look forward to unusual post. They are like breath of fresh air. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see books in your favourites this time!! <3 I so want those candles! I've never gotten one! I wish these were more readily available locally! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish so too ! I got some scented candles locally and the scent was unnoticeable =( !

      Delete
  10. Going to pick The Ideal Muslimah as soon as possible, love everything in you picks specially jhumkies, i also love to wear them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's a great read =) and thank you so much =) xx

      Delete
  11. I love danielle steel when it comes to fiction. Good reads there u shared and love the watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks... You got some amazinnnngg stuff in 2014... Loving all the jewellery.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a book freak but I haven't read any of your mentioned books. My favourite genre is mystery, thriller....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you might have read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn then ? it's one of my fav thriller (^_^) . They came up with it's movie too =D.

      Delete
  14. aaaah Books are always a Great Essential :)
    xx
    Maliha Rao / Red Alice

    ReplyDelete