Thursday, 6 March 2014

Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains - Review & Swatches!


Asalam-o-Alaikum, Everyone !
I'm here with another review =D ! I'm sure you all would've read many raving reviews already about this one, I wanted to jump in the bandwagon too (^_^)

So, lets start with what Revlon has to say about the Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains: 

Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.
   - Light weight Lipstain + Moisturizing Balm.
   - 100% of women who tried felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of color.
   - Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required.

My Review: 

Packaging: 

As you can see it comes in this chubby crayon like form, love this packaging makes the application easy, you don't even need a mirror for it (^_^). I love how the packaging represents the shade inside, making it easier to grab the shade you're looking for in your dresser and the cherry on top is that it's RETRACTABLE ! so, you don't loose any product while sharpening =D Love it ! 
I'll rate the packaging 9/10
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in LOVESICK.

Shades: 

The shades I picked are Lovesick & Adore. Lovesick is a very summery, spring-y (if that even makes sense =p), pretty vivid FUCHSIA shade. I know almost everyone says it's not an everyday color but seriously for me it's not an IN YOUR FACE fuchsia =D . Adore I adore =D ! It's more of an autumn/winter shade, it's reddish-browny with slight golden shimmer. The shimmer in it doesn't feel chunky and gives a subtle golden sheen on lips LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ! I don't have any other lipstick shade similar to this one haven't seen any too let me know if you guys know any dupe ? Would love to try. 
I'll rate LOVESICK 7/10 & ADORE 9/10
Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in ADORE. 

Pigmentation, Fragrance, Taste: 

It has a balmy texture which isn't heavy at all, it doesn't feel like you've anything on your lips ! Which I love again I love light weight formulas for everyday wear they're comfortable on. But for a balm it's HIGHLY PIGMENTED ! Need I say more ? 
I'll rate the pigmentation 9/10

It smells minty which i find very REFRESHING ! It has that tingly effect on the lips too I am not bothered by it at all rather I enjoy it =D ! It doesn't have any taste though. 
Top: Adore & Bottom: Lovesick

Wear Time: 

It does moisturize the lips instantly pretty well but it lasts for a very less time on me about an hour or so and then it leaves this beautiful stain behind which lasts LITERALLY all day on me !
Balm's wear time I'll rate 6/10 & stain's wear time would obviously be 10/10 =D .
Left to right: Adore, Bare Lips & Lovesick
From Left to right: Adore, Bare Lips & Lovesick 

You'll Like It: 

  • If you like light weight formula 
  • You like the fact that it's retractable 
  • You like long lasting lip colors 
  • Easy application 

You'll Not Like It: 

  • You don't like the minty fragrance.
  • You want it to moisturize your lips for a longer period of time.
I bought my balm stain in Adore from ROUGE for Rs.1,250 and the owner was sweet enough to gift me Lovesick. Love shopping from them everytime !! 
You can get it from Beauty Hub aswell =) .
Thanks for reading x
Much Love xx

14 comments:

  1. I like lovesick on you.It looks very pretty.My fav is Honey but now i am leaning more towards "sweetheart".Great post.Awesome photos and lovely sheet that you used in background.Thumbs up xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying soooo much to get my hands on honey but it's outta stock all the time :( ... and that's my shirt actually =p =D ..
      Thanks alot <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Both shades are very pretty but I will go for adore....xoxoxo.....^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adore is such an unusual shade LOVE IT ! you should try it out (^_^) ! xx

      Delete
  3. You have v pretty heart shape lips Mash Allah. Nice review, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All shades are <3
    i am ur 28th follower
    plz follow mee too at
    arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! So many brands are coming out with these chubby sticks!

    http://www.fatimasalim.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yupp !! chubby sticks are so convenient to carry and apply :D ..

      Delete
  6. Nice review. I haven't felt any balm effect from these >.< but atleast they are better than lip stains. I always apply lip balm before and I looooove how light weight they are! I wanna try out the matte ones now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the balm effect doesn't last for long on me either :( .
      you should definitely try the matte ones out they're pretty awesome .. I love them <3 =D
      & thank you =) xx

      Delete
  7. woww love the swatches n girl u r pretty <3 :)
    makeupoholics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete