Saturday, 1 February 2014

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick - Review & Swatches


Asalam o Alaikum,

*Takes a deep breath*. Who doesn't rave about YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks ? From the packaging to the product itself, everything seems PURE CLASSY !
So, lets see, if it is really worth all the hype ?

What YSL Says: 

Give in to the temptation of dazzling color. Succumb to unique sensorial experience with extreme comfort and luminous shine. Hyaluronic acid micro-spheres help seal in moisture for 8 hours of hydration. Anti-oxidants and emollients help condition and soften lips. 

My Review: 

Packaging:

Let's start from the packaging. Ahhh...!! The gold metallic packaging with a color band around which shows the shade of the lipstick is absolutely GLAMOROUS. It is sturdy, the cap fits in just perfectly. It has to be the most BEAUTIFUL lipstick packaging ever.!!! I was totally sold on it <3 
I'd rate the packaging 10/10


Shade:

The shade I got it PINK IN CONFIDENCE, which is described by YSL as a Dusty Pale Pink. It is a pretty dusty salmon pink on me i don't find it pale though. It is a perfect everyday color, when you're going for a no make-up look and still doesn't want it to be boring =D. This also looks totally gorgeous when paired with black intense smokey eyes.
I'd rate the shade 10/10

Pigmentation:

The pigmentation is sheer (buildable) as obviously it is from the Rouge Volupte Shine range so i don't mind that. It does hydrates your lips pretty well I don't find any need to apply a lip balm underneath. My lips look plump and healthy after application.
I'd rate the pigmentation 8/10

Wear Time:

The only downside for me is the wear time. On me it lasts for about 4 hours (approx) without eating and drinking.
I'd rate the wear time 6/10

Fragrance & Taste: 

It has a sweet fruity frangrance to it which isn't too prominent and it tastes sweet too which i don't mind at all =D.

All in all this lipstick is PURELY LUXURIOUS from head to toe =D !!!


You'll Like it:

  • If you like the luxurious packaging & feel. 
  • If you like sheer pigmentation.
  • It hydrates your lips really well. 
  • It has wide range of colors. 

You'll Not Like It: 

  • If you don't like sheerly pigmented lipsticks. 
  • If you don't like lipsticks that have any kind of frangrance or smell.
  • The price tag is hefty. 
  • Not available locally.
  • Wear time is is very less.
I got mine off the black friday sales 2013 from Rouge for Rs.3,400. People living abroad can get this from YSL's Official Website or Sephora for $34.

Thanks for reading x
Much Love xx 

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE the packaging. So classy and highend (obviously it is) :D However, I would prefer a full coverage lipstick. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha =D ! Yes I'd prefer a full coverage lipstick aswell. But I really wanted to get my hands on one of these beauties, so went for a more safer, wearable shade although the range has more pigmented shades aswell. =D
      And Thank you =) x

      Delete
  2. Wow!! I really want to get my hands on the shade Peach Passion! nice review:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peach passion looks like a very pretty shade, i've my eyes on red temptation =D
      & Thank you =) xoxo !

      Delete
  3. Packaging surely is LOVE!!!
    I am not into sheer lipsticks.. but still wanna splurge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am screaming WoW... The packaging is loveee... And the shade is nice too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely swatch n welcome to blogging dear x
    http://makeupoholics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. YSL lippies are such a rage but these are so costly :( lovely review.
    Do check out my blog too :)
    www.prettypeachyandpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Packaging is "richi RICH " so is the price hehe nice review and this shade suits you alot
    samrasbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Packaging surely is richie rich =D .. thank you x

      Delete
  8. Loving the packaging and the shade! Looks gorgeous on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. whattay great review! and it looks beautiful on you! :)
    i have nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog! check it out here :)
    Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhh super jealous! soo prettyyy! wouldnt mind someone gifting me one, or two, or a dozen of these haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. The packaging is LOVE! ^_^ Lovely color <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. ITS A NICE NUDE SHADE..
    FOLLOWING U . KINDLY CHECK MY BLOG & FOLLOW ME BACK..
    http://naimaamjad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete